2011/03/14

My new tumblr: Men & Gods

 

Men & Gods is a place to share with you all the things that inspire me. All the books I read. All the films I see. All the paintings I would paint if I had any talent. I guess you get it. I am not ashamed to say that I directly stole the name from the Henning Haslund’s book Men and Gods in Mongolia*. A book you should read. Because I told you to.

* Taken from the back cover: “A first-person account of travels among the Torgut Mongols by the Swedish explorer who accompanied Sven Hedin on his exploration of Mongolia and Central Asia in the 1920s and 1930s. Full of colorful incident of shamans, bandits and brigands, the book takes us to the lost city of Karatoka in the Gobi Desert and gives us a front row seat at the birth of a new nation”.

No comments:

Post a Comment